- Type de contrat : A négocier
- Domaine d'activité : Non spécifié
- Lieu de travail : Yaoundé
- Expérience : Débutant
- Niveau d'étude minimum : Baccalaureat
- Salaire : à négocier
Une personne, homme ou femme ayant entre 25 et 55 ans avec comme niveau d´étude Baccalaureat ni plus ni moins parlant et écrivant français, anglais
Description du profil
Call for Applications for the position of an Administrative and Financial Assistant (Nationally Recruited Staff)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture calls for applications for to the recruitment of a dynamic and experienced Administrative and Financial Assistant to support the Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (Alliance Bioversty-CIAT) activities in Cameroon
The Administrative and Financial Assistant supports the Administration/Finance Units at the Station, while working in close collaboration with other operation services, to support Alliance Bioversity-CIAT teams; Compliance with IITA procedures is of utmost importance. The Administrative and Financial Assistant will be responsible for providing a variety of specialized tasks, whilst ensuring accurate and timely delivery in compliance with IITA administrative and financial rules and regulations. He/she is also expected to recommend improvements to process delivery and system design.
Duties and Responsabilities
- Responsible for correspondences, preparation of contracts and sending invitations.
- Responsible for vehicle fleet (regular maintenance and vehicle usage policies applied)
- Responsible for fixed assets management
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of all office equipment
- Prepare payment request according to internal procedures of the organization.
- Coordinate and organize field staff travels
- Manage documentation/logistics of Alliance Bioversity-CIAT visiting researchers, scholars and guests ensuring that it is correctly completed and available
- Assist with planning of workshops and events
Financial management and accounting
- Generate monthly and year-end financial reports for Alliance Bioversity-CIAT
- Manage expenses and income for multiple Alliance Bioversity-CIAT projects
- Track Cash and Bank Payments
- Prepare and track Alliance Bioversity-CIAT related invoices
- Verify and ensuring accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data.
- Oversee management of income and expense budgeting, reporting and reconciliation for Alliance Bioversity-CIAT field sites and projects
- Assist in year-end closing of accounts, preparation of year-end reports related to prepayment, review project invoices for policy compliance, accuracy and authenticity.
- Periodic preparations of expense reports.
- Participate in the preparation of annual Audits.
- Adhere to the organization’s financial policies and procedures -Procedure Manuals.
- Ensure proper filing of Accounting and accounting related documents.
- Performs other duties, as required by the supervisor.
- Must hold at least a bachelor’s degree in Administration, Accounting, Finance or related discipline;
- Minimum of three (03) years working experience as Administrative and Finance Assistant;
- Must have at least one (01) year experience in a well-structured organization (with proven practice of operations using Standard Operating Procedure manual)
- Familiarity with NGOs and/or international organisations would be an asset;
- The candidate must communicate fluently in both English and French
Core competencies :
- Honest, energetic, independent, self-motivation and administratively self-sufficient.
- Ability to think out of the box to solve problems.
- Excellent communication capabilities (verbal and written skills)
- Excellent customer management skills
- Discretion as there will likely be sensitive information and figures discussed.
- Excellent ability to pay attention to details and accuracy.
- The ability to prioritize work.
- The ability to work within strict time constraints.
Technical/Functional Skills : The Administrative and Finance Assistant shall have:
- The ability to maintain clear and accurate financial records.
- The ability to accurately monitor, record, and balance accounts.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with an Accounting Software system, Any ERP Software will be an advantage.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, specifically good mastery of Excel;
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team;
- The willingness to undertake professional development.
- The incumbent of the position will be based in Yaoundé, Cameroon.
- The position is limited to Cameroonian citizens;
- A nationally competitive remuneration package will be offered.
Equity in employment
- IITA encourages applications from women, men, young people who believe they meet the requirements of the position. All applications will be assessed in a fair and objective manner.
The application file shall include the following documents:
- a completed online application form; kindly fill the form in addition to sending your application file available on https://forms.gle/9unkVsp2aqM3GHvr6
- a detailed curriculum vitae but NOT exceeding three pages;
- a letter of motivation (MAXIMUM of two pages; including the full names of the candidate, their full address, phone number and email address);
- a copy of the national identity card;
- a copy of the highest academic credential (certificate) and;
- a list of three professional referees including their contacts (one of them must be a current or former supervisor of the candidate).
Applications shall be addressed to ( e-mail attachments ONLY ), latest by December 27 th , 2021 to:
The Resident Representative
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture in Cameroon
P.O. Box 2008 Yaoundé (Messa)
Tel : (+237) 222237434 ; +(237) 699319747
Application to the position of: Administrative and Financial Assistant Alliance Bioversity-CIAT
In addition to your application folder sent by email, kindly fill the mandatory form available on https://forms.gle/9unkVsp2aqM3GHvr6
Only applications received in French or English with a
completed online form will be considered and only shortlisted candidates
will be contacted.
Responsible for correspondences, preparation of contracts and sending invitations.
Postuler à l'offre administrative and financial assistant en utilisant le moyen cité par le recruteur dans la description de son offre.
Si vous n'avez pas de compte cliquer ici pour en créer un.
- The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture
- Secteur : Agriculture (Intrants agricoles)