JOYEUX NOËL & BONNE ANNEE 2022
- Type de contrat : CDD
- Domaine d'activité : Non spécifié
- Lieu de travail : Yaoundé
- Expérience : Débutant
- Niveau d'étude minimum : Licence
- Salaire : à négocier
Une personne, homme ou femme ayant entre 25 et 55 ans avec comme niveau d´étude Licence ni plus ni moins parlant et écrivant français, anglais
Description du profil
FEWS NET Early Warning Team
Francophone Southern Africa Regional Food Security (RFS) Consultant
The Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) Early Warning Team (EWT) seeks a regional food security (RFS) consultant to support our Southern Africa regional office up to 15 days per month from March to September 2022. This is a remote position supporting the FEWS NET EWT Southern Africa region. While candidates based in the Southern Africa region in countries where FEWS NET operates are preferred, qualified candidates based in other countries in Africa where FEWS NET has an operational presence may be considered.
FEWS NET is an integrated set of activities funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and is intended to provide timely, accurate, evidence-based, and transparent food security early warning information and analysis. Chemonics International (Chemonics) implements the FEWS NET Early Warning Team (EWT), a team charged with integrated emergency food insecurity analysis through a Washington-based technical office and more than 20 field offices.
The Southern Africa RFS consultant assists the RR in providing quality control of project deliverables from the regional and national offices as assigned and helps to ensure that activities and products for the region are high quality and delivered in a timely manner. The Southern Africa RFS consultant will direct the majority of their support to the French- and/or Portuguese-speaking project offices in the region.
Minimum qualifications for this position include:
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and French is required; proficiency in Portuguese and other local language skills relevant to the region are desirable;
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to the work of FEWS NET, such as economics, agricultural economics, agronomy, nutrition, climatology, anthropology, or social geography is required; advanced university degree (Master’s degree or higher) is desirable;
- At least two years of relevant experience (with PhD), four years of relevant experience (with Master’s degree), or six years of relevant experience (with Bachelor’s degree) is required. Relevant experience includes working on food security information systems, food security analysis, early warning, or other related fields; experience working with UN agencies and/or NGOs is desirable;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively conduct food security assessments in the Southern Africa region, focus group discussions, and key informant interviews and to analyze data from relevant sectors using both qualitative and quantitative methods is required.
To apply to the RFS consultant position, interested applicants should complete the general application form by January 27, 2022. A full scope of work for this position and application information can be found at www.fews.net/vacancies.
All application materials, including responses to the general information form, CVs, and cover letters, should be provided in English. No telephone inquiries. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Southern Africa RFS consultant will direct the majority of their support to the French
Postuler à l'offre regional food security consultant en utilisant le moyen cité par le recruteur dans la description de son offre.
Si vous n'avez pas de compte cliquer ici pour en créer un.
- Chemonics International
- Secteur : Services aux personnes