- Type de contrat : CDI
- Domaine d'activité : Non spécifié
- Lieu de travail : Buéa
- Expérience : Débutant
- Niveau d'étude minimum : BACC plus 2
- Salaire : à négocier
Une personne, homme ou femme ayant entre 22 et 55 ans avec comme niveau d´étude BACC plus 2 ni plus ni moins parlant et écrivant français, anglais
Description du profil
Organization: Danish Refugee Council
Position: Child Protection Assistant
Number of Positions : 01
Location: Buea, South West Cameroon
Contract type: National Fixed Term contract
Contract Duration : 06 Months
Anticipated Start date : 1 st March 2022
Overall purpose of the role
Protection Sector responsibilities: Advocacy for the rights of displaced people in their context of displacement, child protection initiatives, individual protection assistance based on vulnerability, legal aid, land & property rights, sexual and gender-based violence prevention, registration services for the internally displaced, monitoring of rights and rights awareness-raising
Geographic scope: Area (Buea)
This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The M&E assistant will support the monitoring and oversight of DRC programming in its Southwest Cameroon operations.
· Participate to the implementation of all child protection activities: PSS, positive parenting and PSS co-facilitators’ training, protection monitoring, delivery of awareness sessions on CP, protection and humanitarian or human rights issues.
· Conduct regular field visits to IDP settlements and host population areas to meet with community key stakeholders and identify protection concerns.
· During field visits:
· Conduct information sessions on available services and other topics as decided by the child protection team leader and according to the weekly workplan.
· Identify and register cases of children facing protection risks, according to DRC’s criteria and consent guiding principles using the relevant tools and ensuring confidentiality.
· In coordination with the individual/family, assess the protection concerns faced and refer the case (children and/or family) to the relevant organisations or specialised services, when appropriate
· If consented to by the child and the family/caregivers, accompany them to the service provider to ensure smooth referrals are made
· Fill in the appropriate forms and using the relevant child protection tools, as per the existing SOPs and guidance of the Child Protection Officer
· Provide psychological first aid to children and their caregivers who are particularly vulnerable in the community
· In coordination with the individual/family and the PSS officer, determine if material support is appropriate and deliver material support to the children and/or its caregivers.
· In coordination with the Child Protection Officer, organise follow up of the case, in agreement with the individual/family.
· Participate to the monthly data collection for protection monitoring activities (KII and HH questionnaires) in all communities of intervention and enter collected data in digital data collection systems (Kobo)
· Support analysis of collected data and trends with the protection officer and protection team
· Support the development and improvement of protection monitoring tools by providing technical feedback to supervisor after the field visits
· Keep accurate records of daily activities done, including narrative reports and disaggregated data of participants to activities. Regularly update databases according to DRC procedures
· Contribute to the preparation of weekly work plans in accordance with project objectives and outputs
· Contribute to the preparation and timely submission of all internal and external reports or updates to donors, partners, DRC office and other interested stakeholders where appropriate.
· Maintain the relationship between the community / the beneficiaries and the organisation
· Coordinate with relevant stakeholders in the field as appropriate to ensure a smooth implementation of activities
· Actively participate to the weekly team meetings led by the CP Team Leader in order to share activities done and challenges faced with the team in order to achieve the overall objectives of the CP sector.
· Ensure close coordination and communication with other sectors of DRC program to encourage an integrated approach to program implementation
· Support with translation and interpretation tasks if and when necessary
· Regularly meet with service providers/other UN or L/INGOs to update service mapping in coordination with the Child Protection Team Leader
Experience and technical competencies:
· Strong personal skills in dealing with members of the community
· Knowledge and expertise in social work (desirable)
· Must have at least 2 years working experience in (social work or psycho-social support)
· Facilitation skills
· Reporting Skills
· Computer literacy (Excel, Word, Office Package)
· Native proficiency in English and experience working/living in SW and NW Cameroon
· Prior experience with working with an International NGO is an asset
· Team Work
· Good communication skills
· Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with analytical approach
· Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
· Ability to strictly adhere to deadlines
· Readiness to sign and abide to a Child Protection policy
· Readiness to commit and adhere to values, mission and vision of DRC
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
· Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
· Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
· Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
· Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
· Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Social Work studies or professional training in social work
· Fluency in written and spoken English.
· Fluency in local South-West Cameroon Languages
Knowledge of context: Minimum 10 years working / studying / living in South West or North West Cameroon.
Applications that do not demonstrate this will not be considered.
Method of Application
Applications including a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English
should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 th February 2022 .
Subject of the email should be 202202 CHILD PROTECTION ASSISTANT
Applications that do not follow the instructions will not be considered
Provide psychological first aid to children and their caregivers who are particularly vulnerable in the community
Postuler à l'offre child protection assistant en utilisant le moyen cité par le recruteur dans la description de son offre.
Si vous n'avez pas de compte cliquer ici pour en créer un.
- La Société LE PLOMBIER SARL
- Secteur : tuyauterie